Master of Library and Information Studies
School of Information Management, VUW
2006 – 2007
This qualification provided me with the core expertise needed by information professionals, including:
- Information acquisition, evaluation and provision to meet the needs of information seekers
- Design and planning for information retrieval systems, including metadata and description, issues for preservation, collection development, and interface design
- Research methods and organisation of knowledge resources.
(Two years after completing this degree I was invited by the academic staff to submit my application to become the programme’s new Senior Tutor.)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours, First Class)
Sociology and Cultural Studies, University of Canterbury
2001 – 2005
The main focus of my degree was on Popular Culture, New Technologies and Globalisation, but also included studying a broad range of other topics such as Documentary Film, Digital Narrative, American Literature, Anthropology, and Post-Colonial Studies. I completed several research projects on topics related to online culture.
I regularly attend workshops and conferences and read widely to keep my knowledge and skills sharp.
- UX Australia (August 2014)
- The elements of service design, Eric Reiss (August 2014)
- Webstock Conference (February 2011)
- Cooper U (November 2010)
- UX Testing Workshop, Optimal Usability (October 2010)
- National Digital Forum (October 2010)
- Interaction Design Workshop, Optimal Usability (September 2010)
- UX Design Innovation Workshop, Optimal Usability (July 2010)
- Film Xtended Conference Melbourne, Xmedialab (July 2010)
- Webstock Conference (February 2010)